Ok so it's been a while since I have written a skin blog and since y'all have asked for it I wanted to make another although a lot has not changed but some has and I am going to give it to you in steps and then what scrubs I like to personally use. Because let's face it we all want beautiful skin that Hannibal Lector would resist because it is just too pretty to eat right? Well yes other than that being kinda gruesome it's true. Sooo without delay here are my skin care steps
1. CLEANSE!!! I have been using this cleanser for over a year and I am a lifetime customer. EVE LOM CLEANSER is the most amazing cleanser I have ever used.It melts off the makeup and you wash off with a nice muslin cloth that it comes with so you feel as if you are at the most luxurious spa every day and every night. When using you only need a small amount as a little goes a long way. I personally just use at night to remove the debris of makeup and daily grime. This product line has also controlled my acne and I rarely breakout now thanks to it!
2. SERUM!!! Now I only use a Treatment Serum around 2-3 times a week as they are pricey, however I have tried almost everything and the ones I noticed a difference with sadly cost a paycheck but I want you all to know what I use so I am telling you all of it! This SKINCEUTICALS PHLORETIN serum helps with collagen, cellular renewal and is an antioxidant. I literally have much brighter looking skin when I use it. It only takes a drop and only use 2-3 times a week. Serums are more of an add on so when you are investing in skincare I would leave this to the last thing. As much as I love it there are other things that you need more so consider this more of a luxury add on.
3. MOISTURIZER!!!! I have 2.. One for the morning and one for night. My EVE LOM SPF is my go to morning moisturizer because it has SPF and is not too heavy to wear under my makeup. I love the silky feel of this moisturizer, it has lactic acid which helps brighten and improve texture of your skin! For my night repair I use EVE LOM TLC CREAM! Now this has changed my life as I have seriously dry skin and most other creams would never hydrate me til the morning but this sinks into my skin and gives me ultimate hydration while helping with fine lines and makes my skin more supple. I would not recommend this for oily skin as you need something lighter.
4. EYE CREAM! Yes.. everyone needs eye cream to keep from looking like the crypt keeper.. I have a couple that I love.. The first is NEOCUTIS BIO CREAM. This is ahhmazinnng and works wonders!! I go to Ava Shamban for my skin and she recommended this as I was starting to show signs of aging and it has worked and she has never steered me wrong. It lasts a while as you only need a small pump but it helped with wrinkles and gave a more youthful appearance to my eyes. The second that I love is CLINIQUE ALL ABOUT EYES as it de puffs like crazy!! I personally like to keep this in my fridge so the next morning it is chilled and the roller ball really helps tighten the skin around my eye. I use both as this one I tend to use in the morning and not at night. Another old trick that I swear by is PREP H... yes it helps with that as well but it also helps with anything that can get inflammed such as your under eyes.. My mom thought I was crazy and asked if I had a problem and I said eewww no I use it as an under eye de puffer and she asked her doctor and he stood by me and said well she is right!! Only use these 3 times a week and you will see a difference. Make sure you do not get into your eye!!
5. ACNE/SPOT TREATMENT!!! There is only one item I count on that never lets me down and thats the KATE SOMERVILLE ERADIKATE . Really there isn't anything to say except it works and you need it if you tend to break out.. Period!! It truly dries it up in no time!
I am going to do another blog about my fav skin masks and exfoliators but I wanted to get this out there as I never really change my routine. I will use oils sometimes but that's only after I use a face mask. So stay tuned and find out what masks I love and why!