Ladies, all I hear while doing makeup on clients throughout the years is.. 'i wish I didn't have wrinkles", "How do I get rid of them", "I don't want to be fake but I want my wrinkles gone". Well, bottom line is this. If you want them gone then do something! It is OK to want to be beautiful and feel good about yourself. If someone says different call Betty ford and immediately have them sent in for treatment.
There is nothing wrong with feeling this way and acting on it. We start at an early age trying all the different creams, and oils that we possibly can. I think I went to Merle Norman and spent my first paycheck on a wrinkle cream at 15! It is in our blood to want to look our best and it is ok and I cannot stress it enough. I started getting Botox last year and I am so thankful I did. Dr. Biesman has been so wonderful and has understood and also agrees with my "preventive care" as just a little helps you in the years to come.
When I first went for Botox with Dr. Biesman i was coming off someone injecting too much in me and he agreed that less is more! Finally, a doctor that agrees with this statement. His intelligence and care for his practice was so wonderful that I knew I had found my doctor. He literally fixed my eye and not by adding more! He told me to be patient and let it wear off.. Imagine someone that would not inject anything because they want you to be better. I was in LA and I cannot tell you how this would not happen. If I were to go to a doctor there they would have said "let's inject more to get better results". That didn't happen so after my 3-4 months of being patient it paid off! My bad Botox job was a lot better... Oh and my bad Botox made me have a droppy eye.. I left that part out. Anyway, my eye is now better thanks to him telling me to be patient and get proper dosage of Botox.
Yesterday, I got 10 units to help me keep from frowning as that is my concentration face while doing makeup. He was very understanding with me not wanting to do more and agreed natural is better! We filmed a video before that where he answered all of your questions and I cannot wait to share but, in the meantime, I wanted you to know that is ok to get injectables if you have wrinkles. If you have fine lines or even deeper lines it is ok. it will not change your appearance if you are in the right hands, it will only make you look younger. Below is my advice on finding the right doctor and making the decision.
1. Do your wrinkles bother you and make you feel bad about yourself? If so, get them fixed. you don't deserve to have low self-esteem because you are worried what others think about getting "something done" like Botox. So Do it for you! Only do it for you, no one else should matter. It is your face, your self-esteem, your life. Do it for you!!
2. Find a Doctor you are comfortable with and one that is knowledgeable. They can be the best but if you don't feel comfortable for whatever reason then move on. Your gut is always right.
3. Word of mouth. If you know and feel comfortable with your girlfriends ask who they go to. Be open and ask. Now, if your girlfriends look cray cray you know who not to go to.
4. Don't get talked into any procedure you are not comfortable with. Again, a good doctor will not do this. Now, this isn't to be confused with their opinions. Opinions are great and I always ask Dr. Biesman what he thinks and he gives an honest answer. Build a trust with your face guy as y'all will become really good friends. Especially as you get older lol.
5. Always start with a small amount. You can go more, get bigger, but it is harder to take away. So just do a tad on the first time to test your comfort level.
If you are not ready to get injections here are my Top 5 wrinkle creams
Skin Medica Tns Recovery Complex This will help with fine lines and wrinkles. TNS has naturally recurring proteins that repairs blood vessels, encourage cell growth, reduce inflammation.
IS Clinical Active Serum - This is a fast acting, long term result product. Reduces hyperpigmentation, reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, great for acne prone skin. Physicians have said this is a miracle product that will produce results in a few days.
SkinCeuticals A.G.E eye complex - This product will dramatically reduce dark circles, and puffiness, boost elasticity, It provides instant and lasting results.
Retinol Reform- I feel like I don't even need to say it because this product is a must have. It helps with acne scars, resurfacing, wrinkles and lines. It is an overall must have and will not dry out your skin. My old facialist in La makes it and she is genius!
Skin Medica TNS Serum- This is a little pricey but worth it. This combats wrinkles and regenerates cell turnover. Consisted of peptides and antioxidants it not only helps wrinkles and signs of aging but also sagging skin.
Hope you enjoyed!!